Thursday, November 19, 2009

Papa Got Brand New Shoes or We are All Kids At Heart

I guess he chose his
favorite title.

They are magic shoes
see how they glow!
Ok, all of this post is absolutely true. As you can see from the picture dad got new running shoes. They were kind of his reward for swimming in the triathlon. These are special shoes, he designed them himself which you can do on the Nike site. He labored long and hard over the exact right shoe, the right color the right size. We drove down to Pismo Outlets to the Nike store where he tried on many shoes but non were what he wanted but he did find the right size for him in a Nike shoe. We went to Sports Authority nothing was just what he was looking for. So home we came and he went online and placed his order. He chose all the colors you see in this shoe, and he chose the name he wanted on the shoe. Then he waiting, did he wait silently almost forgetting about the shoes? NO, he tracked the shoes, as soon as he got a email from Nike that his shoes were sent. I would get a daily report about where they were, kind of like where in the world is Carman Sandiago, it was were in the world are Bruce's shoes. They started off in Korea, then down to India, over to Alaska, then all the way to Tennesse, then to Oakland, and today just as he was going off to teach at the gallery.... knock knock they were here in King City!!, but he had to go to the gallery. As soon as he got home on they went and a happy grandpa ready to try them out on the treadmill but wait...knock knock a piano lesson, oh man, dude... but he will get to try them out and he will love them and they are magic cause they glow, I wonder what happens if he clicks the heals together.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog! I just loved reading about dad and him loving his shoes. I love that he tracked them everyday, love the colors, love the printing on them, love that he bought them, love love love!! Yeah for my parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DON'T LET HIM CLICK HIS HEELS TOGETHER!!! Who knows WHERE he'll end up! How VERY exciting, and how VERY Cool!!! SO what is the name on them? His name or did he NAME the shoes? Can't wait to see them in REAL LIFE next week. Super Fun, SUPER SHOES! I mean I always knew he was an artist, but WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I to am way excited for dad! Yes he deserves them. I mean really if you wear a pair out you are really using them. I am glad that it was a fun experience for him. I to can not wait to see them. I want to know the name too. I just have to say what fun. I am glad that healthy things are making both you and dad Happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the name is super super cool!!! Way to go DAd

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you can't see the name on them it's "Grampa" there were some number of letter restrictions.

    ReplyDelete