Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Adventure

This is a picture of bees swarming. Today we were out in the back yard, beautiful spring weather, doing yard work. Just a wonderful day. Slowly I became aware of a humming noise that got louder and louder until I asked Bruce, what is that noise? He said bees, we looked over the fence into the Frudden's yard and we saw something just like this picture. A swarm of bees. Exciting but scary. Not knowing what was going on we rushed into the house but kept our eyes on the swarm. Soon they went over the Frudden's roof and were gone. Swarming bees are normal for this time of year, they are starting a new colony, looking for a new home. Hopefully they found one a little far away from N. Mildred. It was exciting to see a natural phenomenon. Life is unpredictable, like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're going to get! I got a chocolate covered cherry today!!

1 comment:

  1. Your funny mom. I love the I got chocolate today! LOL. I think that would be cool to see the bees from inside the house, I do have to say I don't blame the bees it is finally nice enough to be outside, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete