Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dressed for Autumn




Did you ever wonder why Fall/Autumn has two names, Winter is just winter, Spring just spring and Summer just Summer? Makes ya go hummm.
Well, thanks to my granddaughter, Madeline, my house is now dressed for fall/autumn. When we were with m,s,s last sat. Maddy asked me if my house was all decorated for fall. Hummm, not really, I had thought about it, really. Actually I had made a fall 3D thingy like I had made for summer but that was it. It made me think of when I would call my mom and ask if she had decorated for Christmas and she said kind of but she wasn't getting a tree. Now in my house when I was growing up, the tree was a BIG deal, it was 100% tradition. We shopped for the tree as a family, we didn't put the tree up until Christmas eve no matter what, we decorated the tree as a family while watching some movie about Sinbad, every year some strange story of Sinbad on Christmas eve, I have no clue on that one, then after we went to bed my mom would stay up until late putting on the aluminium tinsel one strand at a time, no clumping allowed. The presents would then go under the tree so when we came down the stairs Christmas morning we would see the beautiful glowing tree with all the gifts, breath taking. But I digress, I do digress a lot. So as a grandma, having my granddaughter ask if I had decorated called me out. So out came my fall decorations. I had to do a little hunting in the garage, but I found the box. I also made a little trip to Rite Aid where all the fall stuff was 50% off yeah got a few cute things to add to my collection and went to work. It was fun, I got everything all cleaned up looking very fallish and knock knock, a visitor. How fun was that. My friend Dayna, just came for a chat and there was my house all dressed for the party. Looking forward now to Thanksgiving and feeling festive. Thank you Maddy for the little push.

2 comments:

  1. How fun I would love to see it. Your house is alway decorated so nicely. I am glad that Maddy called you out and incouraged you!! You should learn to put pictures on here so we could see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, that just motivated me. Yes, mom your house is always so nice. It is so beautiful, I can't wait to see it and I can't wait to decorate my house too.

    ReplyDelete