Monday, October 5, 2009

Leaning to Learn and Facing your Fears

Had a great fall weekend letting go and learning to learn. What is she talking about you may wonder. Dad and I took a watercolor class this Sat. The lady who taught it teaches at Cuesta College lives in Lockwood I think, out by the lakes. She was great. Everyone was at a different level, from the young kid who hadn't done any art at all, some who had taken a class from this lady before, to some of us who had been "trained" in art. The fear part was the watercolor part. My feelings were well you just can't do watercolor, Suzette. But I decided to give it a try, hey for 30 dollars it was really a good deal. from 9-4. Sounds like a long time but somehow the time just flew. Joy, the teacher was very accepting but at the same time helpful. Taught us some good information on mixing watercolor, we did some beginning exercises and then after lunch we did our main work. 3 hours and still far from finishing. It was so great to have a class to take in King City and be able to learn to learn all over again and face the fear of watercolors. I think I can do it!! I think I can, I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment